At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team.
Rugged is looking for an experienced and high-energy Sales Director to lead our team as we achieve new growth. Along with meeting targets and keeping the sales team motivated, the Sales Director will be responsible for accelerating growth, recommending and executing new sales strategies, business development into new markets, generating and submitting RFPs and related sales documents, attending key events, collaborating with senior team to set future revenue goals, company strategy, and implementing annual sales plans.
- Supervises regional sales managers.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories and projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains national staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees.
- Plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Contributes to team effort by expanding into new markets and sales channels
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
Qualifications / Skills
The successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive, well organized, and with a track record of success; leading a remote team of sales representatives, forecasting and executing appropriate sales strategies, and meeting defined sales goals.
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Good management and delegation
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Personable nature
- Positive attitude
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director.
- Experience developing and implementing a new sales commission structure
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Foreign and Domestic sales experience is required.
- Foreign and Domestic military sales experience is a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package; commensurate upon experience.Submit your resume!