Content Marketing Manager
Innovation and creativity power our success. We’re Rugged Suppressors. We are committed to being the best silencer manufacturer in the United States by producing superior products and continually outpacing our competition through rigorous new product development and testing.
At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team.
The role of the Marketing Content Manager is to illustrate Rugged Suppressors’ brand identity through our digital presence. This includes creating all digital content and ensuring that customers are engaged and have a positive experience. The Content Marketing Manager should bring energy to creating photos, videos, and other content to ensure a favorable public image on behalf of Rugged Suppressors.
We are looking for someone who makes life exciting.; someone that isn’t sitting around waiting for something to happen, one who chooses to make their own adventure. If given the opportunity to ride in a Blackhawk helicopter, you’d jump right on with your camera and a couple of extra firearms. We seek someone with photography and video skills, but most importantly experience with social media for a corporation. Experience in the outdoor industry and/or firearms industry is even better!
Why This Could Be Your Dream Job:
* Great location! Greenville, SC was named “One of the Best Small Cities in The United States” by Conde Nast Traveler. It is close to the mountains and a short drive to the beaches.
* We are a growing company with a big future for interesting projects and opportunities.
* You’ll see the newest products in the industry at trade shows like Shot Show (Las Vegas), IWA (Germany), and other interesting locations.
* You’ll get to try all of our new products before they are introduced to the market.
* We did mention helicopters, right? Our marketing team has opportunities for unique experiences – photoshoots/firing out of Black Hawks, hunting out West, exploding cars for videos, private military demos to name a few.
* Creating and managing different types of content through various channels including written, audio and video. Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented in all content.
* Respond to all user comments and questions in a timely and professional manner, and monitor social media platforms to ensure content is relevant and engaging.
* Develop content strategies to successfully reach the desired target audience and marketing goals.
* Create podcast episodes from pre-production, production, and promotion.
* Proficiently and quickly research relevant topics that will allow you to generate pertinent and relative original content.
* Manage content calendars and ensure that the content remains consistent across all platforms.
* Keep up-to-date with content trends, consumer preferences, and advancements in technology.
* Product photography and editing for digital and print content.
* Create and send newsletters targeted for the dealer, distributor and customer databases.
* Work trade shows, demonstrations and other events as needed.
What We Need From You:
* 3+ years prior experience developing content.
* Great time management skills.
* Digitally savvy and must have corporate experience with popular and emerging social platforms/channels.
* Strong awareness of trends in the firearms industry is preferred.
* Self-motivated learner willing to read and keep up-to-date on technological changes and how they could be used by Rugged Suppressors.
* Excellent conceptual, verbal, and written storytelling skills; an expressive range in voice and tone.
* Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, WordPress, WooCommerce and Inbound Marketing Platforms (MailChimp, Sprout, etc.).
* Organic SEO experience.
* 2-3 references required.
* Ability to manage a change in direction or a quick rerouting of focus.
* Working knowledge of Google Suite.
Travelers Rest, SC – not a remote position
Salary commensurate upon experience.