Innovation and creativity power our success. We’re Rugged Design. We are committed to being the best silencer manufacturer in the United States by producing superior products and continually outpacing our competition through rigorous new product development and testing. Enjoy a fun, friendly environment with opportunities for growth at a dependable fast growing company. Our new location is on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Travelers Rest, SC, just minutes away from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Manufacturing/Production Engineer is responsible for supporting day-to-day Production by troubleshooting process/equipment problems as they arise, leading and implementing long-standing improvement projects, and working with other departments to support business needs as it relates to the manufacturing process. This position works integrally with the Production team and reports to the Lead Engineer.
- Perform root cause analysis for process deficiencies, equipment failures, and safety incidents to eliminate repeat failures
- Identify, recommend, and lead improvement projects on manufacturing floor and implement permanent long-term solutions to production workspace using data driven analysis
- Monitor and improve manufacturing operations using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology (design of experiments, statistical process control, DMAIC)
- Develop and amend the production process controls and documentation (component/assembly process routers / BOMs / work instructions / setting data sheets / etc.)
- Support workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of equipment to maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Assist with the implementation of new equipment by providing input on technical specifications, component analysis, trials, factory acceptance, delivery and installation, commissioning, and ultimately hand off to production
- Collaborate with R&D team to develop and refine manufacturing processes for new designs/materials to provide early indications of product quality and ensure seamless integration to the production workspace
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Proficient computer skills, strong MS Office Suite and knowledge
- Prior experience in production assembly/manufacturing environment, plant layouts, blueprint reading, equipment electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic requirements
- Good organizational and communication skills – both oral and written
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- 5+ years Manufacturing Engineering experience with a machining company
- Lean Six Sigma training and application experience
- Experience with ERP (enterprise resource planning) tools, manufacturing bill of materials structure, process routers
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and knowledge of other CAD / CAM tools
Travelers Rest, SC – not a remote position
Salary commensurate upon experience.