Facilities Maintenance Technician
At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team.
Responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled, and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and facility upkeep and maintenance requiring a strong mechanical skills base to include hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and electrical. Reports to: General Manager
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedules to prevent breakdowns on CNC Equipment, Manual Lathes, HVAC, Air Compressors, Plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdowns and/or machine quality checks while collaborating with other departments.
- Acts as the “first responder” and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on-site to correct any problems quickly using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment, tools, and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes any required paperwork.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement, as necessary.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Review maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities and analyze information to determine needed repairs.
- Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; seeks out feedback and responds without defensiveness; continuously finds ways to improve.
- Maintains the inventory of repair and cleaning supplies
- 5 Years Facilities and Machine maintenance
- Physical strength and dexterity to lift, move and handle equipment
- Stamina to deal with long hours standing or walking
- Strong verbal and written communication for discussing maintenance issues
- Ability to work in extreme hot or cold conditions
- Organizational and time management skills
Full-Time M-F 8 AM-4:30 PM – Salary based on experience.