Innovation and creativity power our success. We’re Rugged Design. We are committed to being the best silencer manufacturer in the United States by producing superior products and continually outpacing our competition through rigorous new product development and testing. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team. Our new location is on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Travelers Rest, SC, just minutes away from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Rugged is looking for an experienced controller to help lead our team as we achieve new growth. Along with providing guidance and counsel on all major strategic issues relating to the financial health of the company, the controller will be responsible for ensuring our finances are optimally aligned to the needs of the business. They will continuously assess the finance organization and its practices to ensure that the team and its processes evolve to suit the business as it grows and matures. This role will also oversee and manage all financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and reconciliations along with the preparation of financial statements and cash flow projections, ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served. In addition to those responsibilities, this role will:
- Work hand-in-hand with Company leaders to build and refine a strategic plan.
- Schedule and lead monthly finance meetings with key stakeholders; communicate performance vs. targets.
- Lead the annual planning process with the leadership team to help develop initiatives, tactics & metrics to drive business results for the following fiscal year.
- Manage company’s cash flow and ongoing strategic financial planning model.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning to stay ahead of the growth curve.
- Lead company analytics
- Help develop and improve cost modeling for the organization.
- Analyze trends and identify opportunities in sales, COGS, labor, etc.
- Measure promotional programs; help develop ROIs on marketing expenditures.
- Hold foster a performance-based mindset and hold individuals leading initiatives accountable.
- Work with operations team to drive shop-level efficiencies.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of ‘what’s driving the numbers to act as a key strategic and operational contributor to the overall growth of the business.
- Remain informed about the business, put measurements and reporting dashboards into place enabling real-time assessment of performance and future needs.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are developed and in place to ensure accuracy and accountability in all finance-related tasks.
- Oversee external accounting firm and external CPA.
The successful candidate will be experienced, persuasive, well organized, and with a track record of success; comfortable leading a team and driving performance through data-driven conversations, forecasting and executing financial strategies, and meeting defined goals. This is an in-person role.
- MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years experience with privately held, small to mid-size businesses strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Action-oriented and self-motivated
- Personable nature
- Positive attitude
- Highly proficient in financial modeling and analysis
- Experienced at translating financial insights into operational and strategic guidance
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive performance from plan to close
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Retail, consumer products experience strongly preferred
- Foreign and Domestic sales are a plus
- Foreign and Domestic military sales experience is a plus
Competitive salary and benefits package; commensurate upon experience.