Innovation and creativity power our success. We’re Rugged Design. We are committed to being the best silencer manufacturer in the United States by producing superior products and continually outpacing our competition through rigorous new product development and testing. Enjoy a fun, friendly environment with opportunities for growth at a dependable, fast-growing company. Our new climate-controlled mill/turn shop is located on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Travelers Rest, SC, just minutes away from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
We’re looking for a knowledgeable candidate to work 1st shift (8 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday, overtime possible) in a climate-controlled mill/turn shop.
– Collaborates with engineering and assembly to ensure quality standards are in place and being implemented.
– Manages two quality technicians.
– Ability to use the following gauges: Micrometers, Depth micrometers, Inside Micrometers, Calipers, Thread Gages (Ring and Plug), Height Gages, Surface Plates, Bore Micrometers, Hardness Tester, Profilometers, Oasis Measuring Machine, Indicators.
– Maintains, inventories, and calibrates gauges in the shop.
– Implements methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the precision and accuracy of all products.
– Works with team leaders to ensure corrective measures are being implemented to prevent non-conformances.
– Approves the first article following each machine setup and sampling of finished products by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurement tests; returns products for re-work; confirms re-work.
– Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizes re-work and waste; inputs data into a quality database.
– Ensures that all non-conforming parts and assemblies are identified, documented, and recorded in the database.
– Performs root cause analysis for all non-conformances detected. Issues quality alert.
– Creates checklists and documents procedures.
– Detailed visual and mechanical inspection of all parts and/or assembles.
– Quality assurance and audit experience
– First article experience with machined components (aircraft, auto, medical, industrial)
– Continuous in-process inspection experience
– Calibration experience
– Gage repair experience
– Supervisor experience
– Quality alert experience
– Root cause and correction experience
– Ability to work with vendors on quality issues
– Experience with anodizing, meloniting, titanium anodizing
– Good organization skills
– Provide verbal and written reports
– Machine shop experience is a plus
– Ability to work with several internal departments (GM, Production Foreman, Engineering, Production personnel, Owners)
– Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
– Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift
Minimum Experience Requirements:
– Must have 2 or more years of practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and/or sub-assemblies