Innovation and creativity power our success. We’re Rugged Design. We are committed to being the best silencer manufacturer in the United States by producing superior products and continually outpacing our competition through rigorous new product development and testing. Enjoy a fun, friendly environment with opportunities for growth at a dependable, fast-growing company. Our new climate-controlled mill/turn shop is located on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Travelers Rest, SC, just minutes away from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
We’re looking for a knowledgeable candidate to work 1st shift (8 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday, overtime possible) in a climate-controlled mill/turn shop.
– Collaborates with engineering and assembly to ensure quality standards are in place and being implemented.
– Ensures that all engineering drawings are up to date and provide the necessary clarity for manufacturability and inspection.
– Implements methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the precision and accuracy of all products.
– Recommends adjustments to the assembly or production process.
– Works with team leaders to ensure corrective measures are being implemented to prevent non-conformances.
– Approves first article following each machine setup and sampling of finished products by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurement tests; returns products for re-work; confirms re-work.
– Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizes re-work and waste; inputs data into a quality database.
– Ensures that all non-conforming parts and assemblies are identified, documented, and recorded in the database.
– Performs root cause analysis for all non-conformances detected.
– Maintains the metrology program.
– Creates checklists and document procedures.
– Audits outsource vendors and evaluate their performance to ensure quality.
– Detailed visual and mechanical inspection of all parts and/or assembles.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and Outlook) to be able to create reports, checklists, and procedures.
– Quality assurance and audit experience.
– Ability to use attribute gages, all basis, and specialize measuring instruments.
– Good organization skills.
– Ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
– Provide verbal and written reports.
– Leadership experience is a plus.
– Six Sigma Green Belt™ is a plus.
– Welding and machine shop experience is a plus.
– Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
– Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift.
– Detailed oriented
– Timely dispositions of non-conformances
– Positive attitude
– Ethics (moral courage to follow QA procedures)
Minimum Education Requirements:
– Associate degree or quality engineering certificate and 2+ years of relevant experience. Or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
– Must have 2 or more years of practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and/or sub-assemblies. The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements.