Manufacturing Process Engineer
The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for supporting daily machining and production process control, continuous improvement activities, and new process innovation and development. This position applies solid problem-solving methods, data analytics, and lean manufacturing principles to improve safety, quality, productivity, and overall cost efficiency. Rugged is vertically integrated and controls all turning, welding, finishing, heat treatment, paint, assembly, and test processes in-house. The Manufacturing Process Engineer will lead improvement projects, capital investment, and work with other departments to support business needs as it relates to the manufacturing process.
Chief Operating Officer
- Perform root cause analysis for process deficiencies, equipment failures, and safety incidents to prevent recurrence.
- Identify, recommend, and lead improvement projects on the manufacturing floor and implement permanent long-term solutions to production workspace using data-driven analysis.
- Support CNC lathe process optimization for cycle time, tool life/cost, and part quality.
- Monitor and improve manufacturing operations using lean manufacturing tools and methodology (design of experiments, statistical process control, DMAIC)
- Develop and amend the production process controls and documentation (machined components / assembly process routers / BOMs / work instructions / setting data sheets / etc.).
- Support workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of equipment to maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Assist with the implementation of new equipment by providing input on technical specifications, component analysis, trials, factory acceptance, delivery and installation, commissioning, and transition to the production team.
- Collaborate with R&D team to develop and refine manufacturing processes for new designs/materials to provide early indications of product quality and ensure seamless integration to the production workspace.
Salaried exempt position, including health, vision, dental, & disability insurance, PTO, and 401K benefits.