At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team.
Rugged is looking for an experienced Compliance Manager that will be responsible for advising on regulatory and compliance risks related to import/export compliance systems including US ITAR and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Daily duties will also include working directly with BATF and NFA branch to ensure timely transfer of all NFA regulated items. In addition to those responsibilities, this role will assist in auditing the company processes, creating and developing SOP, and making recommendations as laws and regulations change by either corporate and/or the local, domestic and international governments. A successful candidate will be experienced, persuasive, well organized, detail-oriented, and with a track record of success.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- 5+ years relevant experience in a professional high technology, defense product supply industry, or other highly regulated industry.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience working with Export Administration Regulations, and Foreign Trade Regulations, and working knowledge of ITAR
- Exceptional listening skills and strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering pragmatic, risk-based advice
- Understanding of import/export regulations in APAC
- Understanding of classification rules (HTS / export control)
- Understanding of OFAC and ITAR regulations
- Understanding and experience with government contracting
- Understanding of import regulations and rules of origin
- Understanding of hazardous/dangerous goods
- Action-oriented and self-motivated
- Personable nature
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level.
Competitive salary and benefits package; commensurate upon experience.