CNC Machine Shop Manager
At Rugged, we hold ourselves and our products to the highest standards in the industry. This pride in our product is a result of each individual taking responsibility for their contributions. We consider ourselves lucky to get up every day and contribute our time and our talents to an industry that we love. We’re looking for employees who share a passion for excellence and a love of the firearms industry to join our team.
Candidate will oversee manufacturing processes such as CNC, heat treat, paint, blast, assembly, laser engraving, and quality control. Shop Manager will ensure that productivity goals, company policies, and safety plans are met, process improvements identified and implemented, oversee new hire training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate activity in a machine shop, and make sure operations are carried out efficiently and safely.
- Train employees in the proper use of equipment, enforce safety regulations, assign tasks, and oversee employees’ work.
- Oversee machine maintenance, order parts, and ensure repair records are kept up to date.
- Manages day to day needs of the machining department, making sure employees follow company rules and policies.
- Must maintain a safe work environment.
- Manages scheduling to meet production goals.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
- Instructs team on set up techniques.
- Instructs team on troubleshooting techniques
- Researches and evaluates the effectiveness of machinery, equipment and shop procedures; recommends and implements changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure quality control is appropriately inspecting completed work for conformance to specification.
- Makes recommendations to improve operational efficiency
- Familiar with cutting speeds, feed rates, depth of cuts and cutting tools.
- Selection and ordering of tooling to optimize tooling life.
- Knowledge of G Code
- Ability to use measuring tools
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift 35 lbs
- Ability to constantly stand or walk throughout the work day
- Ability to continuously appropriate personal protective equipment
- 5+ years of experience with CNC equipment
- 5+ years experience in a supervisory role with direct reports
Competitive Salary and benefits package, commensurate upon experience.Submit your resume!